7.26.2012

it doesn't define us

Hydrocephalus.

A word that, 10 months ago, meant nothing to me.  Today, I think about this word a hundred times a day. 

While I will raise my children to know that this condition doesn't define them, I used it in the title of my blog for a very important reason.  I want others to find us.  At a time when I had no clue what the future held for us, I searched and searched for a glimpse of what's it's like to have a child with Hydrocephalus, but I found next to nothing.

So, I'm taking a shot at this whole blogging thing in hopes that someone will find us and, it turn, find what I was looking for.  Andplusalso, I need to start writing things down for my kids.  Because I fear my memory will fail me.  As it already has in the last few months.






5 comments:

  1. FIRST!

    Sorry, I've never done that in my life. Welcome to Blogger ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. You're going to a voice for many preemie families.

    Welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found you and this blog x than you X. Jaspers Mum

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...