8.30.2012

a daddy is born

From the moment that we found out I was pregnant, I knew Seamus would be a good father.  Scratch that.  From the moment I met him, I knew Seamus would be a great father.  

There are a lot of things in life that Seamus strives for, but I think that if you ask him what it is that he wants most, his answer would be simple.  To show his kids what it's like to have a wonderful father.

Seamus took care of A&R long before they were born.  When I was pregnant, he made sure I ate my steaks to get enough iron in me for the boys.  Even though I hate steak.  Gasp!  Yes, it's true.  I prefer chicken :).  He took me to all my doctor appointments, and was over joyed every time I had an ultrasound and we were able to get a glimpse of our precious boys.  When I was put on bed rest at home, he woke up early before work to get me set up for the day with food, drinks, magazines, and my work.  And when I was admitted to the hospital, he stayed with me and slept on a recliner for five days straight.  

After the kids were born, the first thing I asked him was if they were alive.  When he told me they were ok, that was all the reassurance I needed.  I was afraid to go see them in the NICU, and it was over 12 hours after I gave birth that I finally got the courage to go meet them.  He is the only reason I was strong enough to go in there.

First time holding Ryan




First time holding Aiden

 Over the next 4.5 months, he was our rock.  He was strong and gentle when we needed him to be.  He was funny and patient, and let us cry.  He was everything we needed at all the right times.  He bore a heavy load during our time in the NICU.  And we will never forget it.  I say we, because although I'm the only person who will remember what Seamus did for us, A&R needed him too.  And he got them through it and they came out on the other side.  

Nicu fun
When we were finally home, together under on roof, Seamus jumped into fatherhood immediately.  From feedings and diaper changes to cuddles and tummy time.  He did it all.  And continues to.  He makes sure the kids get their daily therapies, he sings and plays the guitar for them.  He challenges them in ways I wouldn't know how, and he loves them something fierce.  I am proud to call him A&R's father, and they will be too. 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...