10.26.2012

parenting fail: one

The boys are at such a fun age.  While they don't walk or talk, they are really growing into their personalities and every day I discover something new that makes them laugh.  

Enter parenting fail number one.

Ryan's two bottom teeth recently emerged, and one day I decided it would be a good idea to let him bite my nose.  I know I'm weird.  No need to point that out.  The first time he did it he laughed so hard I thought his little stomach would burst.  So I recorded it.  See below.  And please disregard my awkward feet in the background.

video

The next day I was holding him in my arms and all of a sudden his little birdie mouth opens up and he tries to eat my nose!  Again, laughter erupts and I seriously cannot get enough of it.  I continue with this little game of ours whenever I am craving some hilarity from my son.  One time he bit really hard, but I still thought it was the cutest thing in the world.

Fast forward to last week when my friend came to visit me at work with her two adorable children in tow.  We're sitting in my office chatting about her recent vacation and looking at some photos, when all of a sudden she cries out in pain.  Turns out, her adorable toddler tried to take a chunk out of her knee.  This, of course, is not acceptable behavior so when it continues my friend initiates a time out.  Poor little girl cried like it was the end of the world.  

This is when it dawned on me that maybe I shouldn't be teaching Ryan to bite me.  Needless to say, I've stopped encouraging his nose biting and my world is a little less happier.  Ahh, such is the life of a parent.

What is your most memorable parenting fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...