11.19.2012

aware // meet my preemies: Andrew & Elliot (and some other random updates)

Happy Monday to all and happy Thanksgiving week.  The holidays are almost officially upon us and I'm sure we all have so many things to be thankful for, but I'll leave that for Thursday.  

A few quick things I want to update you all on:

We saw A&R's neurosurgeon this past Friday.  These appointments always make me nervous because last Easter a simple follow up resulted in a shunt revision for Aiden.  But I'm happy to report that Dr. Mittler said the boys look great.  He said he is so pleased with their level of awareness and that he was so glad to see them and they really made his day.  I can't explain to you all what a feeling of relief washed over us.  We go back in six months, and in the meantime it is up to us to look out for signs of shunt malfunction.  At this point I think we're pretty confident that we'll be able to notice if something is off.  So cross your fingers and your toes, and anything else you can cross, and hopefully we won't be seeing Dr. Mittler until May.  

Remember when I asked you all to vote for A&R for Preemie of the Year?  Well, the results are in and sadly we did not win, but you can click here to read about this year's winners.  Thanks for voting anyway, and maybe we'll win next year!

Lastly, I blogged about the March of Dimes petitioning to have the White House lit up in purple.  Turns out they got enough signatures, and on January 3, 2013 the White House will be lit in honor of the 75th Anniversary of the MOD.  How cool is that?  So, thanks for signing the petition.  

Before I leave you, I want to introduce you to Kathy and her cutie pies Andrew & Elliot. 


Andrew spent 117 days in the NICU and is now 17 times his birth weight!
Loves to sing but doesn't like to dance.
Favorite toys are cars.
Favorite place is the Children's Museum Hot Wheels Exhibit.

Elliot would be happy sitting on the kitchen table and eating all day long.
Loves to look at pictures of Andrew while his brother is away at school.
Loves cats.
Obsessed with flowers, leaves, magnets, and light switches.


To read more about Andrew & Elliot, click here.

Photo & fun facts submitted by momma Kathy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...