1.10.2013

a very late wish and a reflection on a dozen magical months

As I sit here contemplating how to begin this post, I am acutely aware of my tardiness in wishing you all a holiday season filled with joy, love, laughter, friends, family & good food.  So I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that you had all that and more.  And as I think about what I'd love for this year to bring to my family, I'd like to wish you a fresh new start.  A year filled with health, happiness, warmth and magic.  May you take this opportunity to start new and fill it with all your wildest dreams.  May you grow and be the person you want to be.  And may you not resolve to do things, but to love and be loved.

For us, 2012 was a year filled with wonderful, small moments.  Moments that, when strung together, became a phenomenon called parenthood.  Yes, we became parents in 2011, but 2012 brought our children home to us.  And when we began caring for them under our own roof, on our own terms, was when we really got a taste of this whole mommy and daddy thing.  For me, anyway.  

Won't you join me as I reflect on a dozen or so small moments?


January - A&R were reunited in the hospital

January - Ryan came home from the NICU

February - Aiden's last day in the NICU
February - Reunited at home


March - ready for hockey


April - brothers hanging out

May - Mother's Day
June - Father's Day

July - A&R were baptized



















August - Just chillin.


September - A&R turned ONE!

October - Halloween at home!

November - Thanksgiving at home!

December - Christmas morning at home!



















Here's to many more small moments in 2013.  Moments filled with health, happiness and loveAnd most of all, progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...