3.21.2013

breakthrough

Last Friday, our sweet boy Ryan had a breakthrough during his Physical Therapy session. 

Many of you know that at almost 18 months Ryan does not crawl, he does not pull up to stand, he does not walk.  He has never rolled and is just beginning to be able to sit up on his own without any support from us or a pillow. 

Well, as of last Friday the statement above is no longer true.  Because Ryan rolled!  With some assistance from his therapist, but he rolled nonetheless.  And then he did it again for me before bed that night.  He needs to be put into position (on either of his sides) and he needs to be in the mood, but he does it.  He uses his strength.  Strength that he never had.  Strength that many of us take for granted.  And he pushes his little body and rolls over onto his belly. 

I missed it the first time it happened, but when he did it again that evening I cried.  I cried the happiest tears I've cried in a long time.  You all know that I love my son.  And I will love him no matter what he ends up doing in life.  But this little feat?  It opened up a whole new world for him.  He will crawl.  He will walk.  He will jump.  And he will skip.  It may take him a little longer than most, but I have no doubt in my mind that he will do it.

Ryan, my love, you make me so proud.  I revel at your glory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...