5.09.2014

to my kids on mother's day


Three years ago today you were merely a cluster of cells.  Ok, maybe you were something more at this point but whatever.  I was newly pregnant.  We already knew there were two of you in there.  Our minds were already blown and our hearts were already filling with love for these two human beings that would create our family.  

Today you are our entire lives.  Two very different and very happy boys.  You are busier than most kids your age with therapies and doctor appointments.  But you don't care.  Your lives are full.

Man, three years ago we had no idea what was in store for us.  We knew that life as parents would be challenging and rewarding, but it's been so much more than that.  

I am completely changed.

I've done many things in my life.  Not necessarily noteworthy, but they still count.  And each thing has sculpted me into the person I am today.  

But being a mother...that is probably the one thing that really had an impact on that new person.  Our journey together did not start out with a clean and safe slate.  It was scary and dark, and really, really uncertain.  You won't ever remember those times, but they are the glue that holds our family together.  When I hold you and kiss you both, I never forget how incredibly thankful I am to be afforded the opportunity to do it time and time again. 

These last few years have been amazing and it's thanks to you both.  So on this day that is meant to celebrate mothers, I want to celebrate you.  And thank you for making me a mommy.  I so love being your mommy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...