11.17.2014

aware


November 17th is World Prematurity Day.  The photos above are photos that were taken well into our 3rd month in the hospital.  When I think back to those days, I kind of feel like I'm a outsider just watching the hours unfold.  To tell you the truth, I struggle to remember  my "then" self.  It's so odd.  We spent every single day, almost every spare second, in that hospital for almost five months.  We sat.  We cried.  We prayed.  We imagined future moments that we weren't completely sure would be ours.  And then one day we left.  We came home with two miracle babies and the moments became ours to be had.

Some people may look at our family and think that we have a difficult life.  We spend a lot of time visiting the hospital and seeing various doctors.  We never know if an illness is, in fact, a shunt malfunction.  Our kids attend pre-school at age 3 so that they can continue to receive the therapy they need in order to thrive.  We live a life that is not completely ordinary.  But what many people may not realize is that we are the lucky ones.  We are a success story.  

It hurts my heart to think about all those that didn't come out on the same side as us.  And it happens each and every day.  That's why I'm here.  That's why I blog.  That's why we support the March of Dimes.  And that's why we will never stop.

WE ARE THE LUCKY ONES.  

I will never stop thanking my lucky stars for these two amazing boys.  I will never, ever take for granted the progress I see in them daily.  And I will never forget all those who don't have it as easy as we do.  Because when all is said and done, we have it easy.

In honor of today, in honor of my boys, share my blog with your friends.  Sign up to walk with us.  Donate to our cause.  Or simply take a moment to pray for all the babies who had a really hard start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...