11.26.2014

how i became a princess

One day I was driving the boys home from their babi's (my mom) house and we were talking about their day at school.  Aiden mentioned something was pretty, and since he used the word in the wrong context I decided to turn our conversation into a teaching point. 

I turned around (while stopped at a red light) and asked him if he liked my face.  Weird, I know.  But my plan was that when he answered "yes" I would tell him that means he thinks I'm pretty.  Clearly I am no teacher. Whatever.  I tried. 

Anyway, instead of answering my question he pointed at me with this gigantic smile and proclaimed, half asking, "You're a princess?!"

And that, my friends, is how I became a princess. 

I'm so lucky to be a momma to two little boys. And I am so thankful that Aiden and Ryan are growing and learning and are able to have these conversations with me.  There was a time when we didn't know if we'd ever hear them speak.  And now they won't stop.  (We just entered the 'WHY?' phase.  I never knew I could run out of actual answers to a question.  Even made up answers.  The struggle is real, y'all)

Tomorrow we'll gather with our families and eat yummy food.  We'll talk and laugh.  Drink a little.  We will do what we do every Thanksgiving all the while marveling at what a privilege it is to spend this special time with our amazing kids.  

Happy Thanksgiving, friends.  What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...